RARA-AVIS: Re: Realistic HB

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 27 Jun 2001

for my money, Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series does an outstanding job with versimilitude. Bosch is a homicide detective, so his involvement in crime makes perfect sense. Connelly seems to know a lot of telling details about how systems work and how the people who work in those systems interact.
 and his prose style is straightforward and unadorned as befits someone who was a crime journalist for many years, so it never becomes self conscious. his plots are generally very complex, start small and get big and dark. and I really enjoy how sad and lonely the character is.

John Lau