RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #742

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 26 Jun 2001

>And in her panel, Marianne
>managed to trace the detective genre all the way back to Beowulf. No
>truth to the rumours the Toronto police arrested her later Saturday
>night for attacking a fibreglass moose with a battle axe, while
>muttering something about dragons.
Sorry about this - only just back in London and catching up via old digests...and it wasn't Saturday, that was Sunday might. Most of the rest of them had scarpered by then, including Kevin, who obviously couldn't have known the truth.

Bill's panel was full of interest - Bill, stop feeling nervous about it. Jose Latour would have made it worth the money all by himself. AND he gave me a copy of OUTCAST.

>I also caught a reading by Giles Blunt, who wrote FORTY WORDS FOR
>SORROW. He read from a work in progress, and it was really quite
>good, in a hard-boiled humourous way -- has anyone actually read his
>books?
Somebody has probably already said FWFS is a first book. I thought it was very well written, but a little too derivative. Nice setting. Interesting to see how he develops.

Marianne