RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #748

From: Bruce Southworth ( bruces1@mindspring.com)
Date: 14 Jun 2001

At 12:59 PM 6/14/01, you wrote:
>No offense, but I think your library is in the minority. (Public,
>right?) I've never seen a library that didn't break their collection
>down by genre.
>
>jess

I'd agree with this based on my own experience, but I'd also note that while libraries do (generally) have a mystery section, they are now also placing writers such as John Sandford, Chuck Logan, Carl Hiaasen and others in with the general fiction stacks. Rather like PW in its forecasts. It now puts authors one would normally expect to find under mystery, under fiction and the mystery section seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

Bruce