RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald movies...

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 07 Jun 2001

The six films based on RM's novels detailed on IMDb, including the famously bad BLUE CITY, suggest that HARPER, THE DROWNING POOL and even THE UNDERGROUND MAN are the cream. Glad to see I'm not alone in my disappointment, Mario, and as I noted in my first post, there were other unfortunate aspects of the film, as far as I'm concerned, than Newman's portrayal of "Harper."

http://www.us.imdb.com/Name?Macdonald,+Ross+(I)

TM

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Bassett [mailto: dj_bassett@yahoo.com] Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Speaking of Newman movies...and Ross Macdonald...

I liked HARPER too, though I agree, it doesn't have the feel of a R. Macdonald novel. But then, MOVING TARGET isn't typical of Macdonald's work, either.