RARA-AVIS: ADAM: after all

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 01 Jun 2001

ADAM and the companion ADAM BEDSIDE READER were common sources for the latter '60s and early '70s ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: collections, as edited by Harold Masur and Robert Arthur (perhaps only Masur's volumes), and while I thought "Adobe James" rather a goofy byline even at nine, it was in the AHPs that I read those early Gores and much else (including the first Ellison I read, "All the Sounds of Fear").

While most US (and not a few other) folk have seen PLAYBOY, and I own a copy of an early-'60s GENT (yet another CF and SF-friendly skin magazine), I've never actually seen a copy of any of the ADAM group of magazines that I can recall. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Crider [mailto: abc@wt.net]

I'm glad John Hathaway remembers Adam as I do. It's probably fairly collectible these days, since I think it published (besides Gores) writers like Harlan Ellison. I don't know who the publisher was. I just looked at the pictures.