Re: RARA-AVIS: more Teran

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 28 May 2001

Marianne, I agree with pretty much everything you say about the book. I enjoyed it for its nihilism. That is why I found the ending one of wishful thinking on the part of the author, that these very damaged people could find an alternative for themselves. They are still nihilistic, defined in opposition to the corrupt society, but unlike pilgrims, they have no internal belief structure to build upon, except maybe some vague idea of family. I wish the new family luck, they have certainly been through enough that they deserve a happy ending, but I also think they've been through so much they are unlikely to find it. I agree that ending is not closure, but it had to end there, there was no where for Teran to go from there.

Mark