RARA-AVIS: Jones Men/Forgotten Books

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 27 May 2001

I read THE JONES MEN when it first came out in paperback. All that remains now is the memory that I really liked it and wondered why the author didn't do any more books. Or at least any that I ever saw.

Department of Forgotten Books: Gold Medal was still doing some good stuff in the late 1960s, like LADYFINGERS by Shephard Rifkin. I picked up a 1981 reprint from Charter Books the other day and decided I should re-read it. A lean, fast, first-person police procedural, maybe not quite hardboiled or noir but close enough to both for me.

Bill Crider