Re: RARA-AVIS: Timlin (was Recent reads)

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 May 2001

First of all, I heartily agree with the praise for Derek Raymond. I've read the first two in the Factory series, and they are both *incredible* books.

I'm sure there's plenty of good Brit hardboiled out there. I'm just not particularly interested in routine genre exercises, period. For me, the change in location by itself doesn't make the book especially notable -- at its heart it's more of the same old same old.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com