Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 08 May 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Mark Sullivan wrote:

> "Isn't Don Pendleton a pseudonym for Donald Westlake? Or am I confused?
> Anyone know?"
> I think you're confused. I've looked into a bunch of Westlake
> pseudonyms (nine, if you include his real name), but I've never seen
> this one linked to him.

Pendleton is as real guy as anyone, but there are a bunch of writers who have written as Pendleton after he dropped writing the Executioners himself. These include Michael Collins (and that is a surprise to me, given his left-wing views!) and some other fellows. But not Westlake. Why should he write PBO's anymore?

Juri