Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 May 2001

--- Doug Bassett < dj_bassett@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yep, still readin' away:
>
> The Executioner #1: War Against the Mafia -- Don
> Pendleton
>

> Points subtracted for some boring speeches where
> various characters debate the morality/philosophy of
> it all -- whatever else Pendleton was, he wasn't a
> thinker. Not particularly recommended, though I'll
> try
> a couple more volumes before pronouncing on the
> series
> as a whole.
>
> The Destroyer #21: Deadly Seeds -- Murphy&Sapir
>

> I thought that was pretty funny. Definitely
> recommended.

Doug--I agree on Destroyer. I'm somewhat embarassed that I like him so much, actually. You should try Warren Murphy's Trace series (four or five books, I think), and his Digger series (four books, I think). They're even funnier.

Isn't Don Pendleton a pseudonym for Donald Westlake? Or am I confused? Anyone know?

G.

===== George C. Upper III UNC-Greensboro
(336) 393-0013 The city don't know that the city is getting... a show with everything but Yul Brynner