Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 02 May 2001

Doug asked:

"Wasn't there a Bronson movie called St. Ives? Was it based on this character?"

Yes, it is, although the character becomes Raymond St. Ives (instead of Philip). The movie is based on the third book in the series, The Procane Chronicles. It was mildly enjoyable (does sport a, not at all graphic, sex scene in which Jacqueline Bisset asks to be hit; after some hesitation, a reluctant St. Ives complies), but I'm a caper film fan. More importantly, it led me to Ross Thomas. The movie tie-in paperback was the first of his books I read.

Mark