Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: ID Writers, Capital Crimes, LIVE FLESH!

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 01 May 2001

Kevin wrote:

"My problem, though, with the books isn't so much the unnecessary preaching, but that the characters are often just big cardboard cutouts, overly simplistic, gee-whiz! types right out of bad comic books,"

Ironically, Vachhs' actual comic book work has more depth in my mind, particularly the Cross series, adapting stories from Bad Blood. Good action adventure fare. It has a political stance, sure, but it doesn't overwhelm the story or characters.

Mark