Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: University Courses

From: Schooley ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 19 Apr 2001

Michael Sharp wrote:

> We'll also listen to some Johnny Cash and somewhere in there will be a whole
> section on America's love affair w/ the serial killer (featuring Hitchcock's
> _Psycho_, Thompson's _Killer Inisde Me_, Westlake's _The Ax_, and the film
> of _American Psycho_)

You might want to consider Kenneth J. Harvey's "Skin Hound (There Are No Words)", from The Mercury Press. This is an excellent deconstruction of our fascination with serial killer mythology. The book is not available from Amazon, but can be ordered through the the Canadian on-line store www.chapters.ca, and from the publisher I believe, also on-line. Of course, there's also the question of whether someone living and writing in Newfoundland (as Harvey does) is considered "American".

Kerry

The evil that men do lives after them at http://www.murderoutthere.com

Literary events in Ontario's Golden Horseshoe and around the world at http://www.lit-electric.com

<<<<<<<<<<<IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES>>>>>>>>>>>>