RARA-AVIS: British Books in the U.S./Mark Timlin

From: r-and-jclinton ( r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Date: 09 Apr 2001

> I don't know about some of the British writers mentioned, but I've found
> Mark Timlin's books in Vancouver, British Columbia at a chain called
> Chapters.

A little off-topic but thought I'd throw in my two cents about Timlin's new work (and the only work of his I've read): I SPY A PALE HORSE. Post-apocolyptic horror/suspense. So, no, not hardboiled...but one heckuva read! And available only in a UK tpb version by Toxic Press.

Are his other works (a series of some sort, I believe) worth reading? I've heard the likes of Joe Lansdale giving this guy high praise...

Ron Clinton