RARA-AVIS: James Ellroy in France

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 02 Apr 2001

As most of you are aware of, Ellroy is on a samll world tour to present his new book 'The cold Six Thousand'.

The book was first issued in its French translation this mid March and Ellroy went in Paris and other major French towns to support it. After this it will be Spain, the UK and then in May the USA.

I've put on-line a short report one of my French correspondants did as he was lucky enough to be in Brest when Ellroy came there- a rather small French town, a port on the Brittany coast. It's in French, but I remember that some of the AVIANS have some knowledge of this language, as stated in previous postings.

It's in POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir click on: Regards Noirs- les auteurs

Or by a direct access through "nouveau - new" linked on the opening page.

The French translation of the new novel carries an English title: American Death Trap- in fact to echo the previous title: American Tabloid, that was kept for its French translation at the time.

Part three of the series will be translated under the title: American Madness (American original: Police Gazette)

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384