Re: RARA-AVIS: The Moving Target

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 02 Apr 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 marianne.macdonald@lineone.net wrote:

> >I just began to wonder whether you were really talking about John D.
> >MacDonald. I have trouble reading him.
> Hi, Juri. I was curious to know why. I've just gone back to Travis
> McGee (after about 30 years <g>) and realised how much I like the series.

I have had problems with his characters who seem to be eccentric only for eccentricity's sake (McGee's partner, whatever his name is, McGee's strange and peculiar habits (I just hate his Rolls Royce turned into a pick-up)), with his language that is forcedly relaxed and with his dialogue that is filled up with long monologues about life, politics and none-too-bright wisdom. MacDonald babbles. That's the main problem.

So shoot me.

Juri