RARA-AVIS: Flitcraft and Charles Pierce/Pierce

From: Adrian ( age@jhu.edu)
Date: 25 Feb 2001

Greetings to everyone.

I am writing a paper for one of my classes about the Maltese Falcon, in relation to the Flitcraft story. After looking around, I found a few sites that mentioned that Flitcraft's name change to Charles Pierce was not a coincidence, but instead a reference to Charles S. Peirce, an American philosopher. Does anyone else here know anything about this, or know of some books or websites that could help me?

Thanks much, Adrian