Re: RARA-AVIS: bfi

From: Chris Routledge ( srcrout@ntlworld.com)
Date: 21 Feb 2001

I've seen a couple of these - on The Big Sleep and Gun Crazy - and they were pretty good. They vary in what's in them as far as antecedents go, and are written by academics (so they can be a little dry), but as general introductions they are good I think. Treat them as extended encyclopedia entries and you can't go wrong. Incidentally I think I saw the Taxi Driver volume on the shelf at Waterstones Liverpool yesterday (in a hurry, didn't pick it up), so it may be out in the UK.

Cheers Chris