Re: RARA-AVIS: 3rd person

From: Mark Troy ( metroy@unix.tamu.edu)
Date: 06 Feb 2001

>Charlie asked:
>"How about this one? Has anyone ever found a cime novel that is written
>strictly in 1st person, but from two different main characters' point of
>view. Meaning first do one scene, or chapter, from the good guy's point
>of view, then the next scene or chapter from the bad guy's, while using
>1st person instead of 2nd."

Greg Rucka's "Shooting At Midnight" gives Bridget Logan's 1st person POV for the first half of the book, then Kodiak's 1st person POV for about one fourth of the book, finally going back to Logan's for the last fourth. In
"Crimson Joy," Parker gives us several pages of the bad guy's 1st person POV at the begining of some of the chapters, though not all if I remember correctly. The bad guy's POV is in italics to set it off from Spenser's.

Mark

Mark Troy Visit my web site: http://www.tamu.edu/marshome/staff_pages/murder.html

Coming February 28, 2001! "Pilikia Is My Business," a mystery novel from LTDBooks http://www.ltdbooks.com