RARA-AVIS: Alternate MIMI ending

From: Tobin Fields ( drspecter@juno.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2001

Some time back, there was a discussion about Fredric Brown's THE SCREAMING MIMI. Suffice it to say it's a personal favorite. Recently, while looking the title up on line (as I sometimes do) I found that in the Brown short story collection NIGHTMARE IN DARKNESS there was published an alternate (original?) ending for MIMI with fantasy elements. Has anyone read this or know anything about it? Tantalizing...