Re: RARA-AVIS: James Atlee Phillips (fwd)

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 02 Jan 2001

Juri: Thanks for sending along that post about Phillips. One thing it reminded me of was the theme song from THUNDER ROAD. We've talked now and then about hardboiled music on this list, but no one (that I recall) ever mentioned "Thunder Road," sung by Robert Mitchum himself. It was a pretty big hit in my part of the world, and I can still remember most of the words
("There was thunder, thunder,/ over Thunder Road./The thunder was his engine/and white lightnin' was his load.")

Bill Crider