Re: Subject: RARA-AVIS: raymond chandler papers

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 16 Dec 2000

On 16 December 2000, ejmd wrote:

: This is a useful advertisement for a volume that's basically for the fans,
: for whom Chandler's insomniac ramblings, dictated in the small hours to his
: Mexican secretary, are the essential commentary on what Chandler himself
: described as 'a rather forlorn sort of life'.

It doesn't look like this is out in Canada yet, but I'll get it as soon as I see it. Who could pass up Chandler's drunken, late-night ramblings to a Mexican secretary? Interesting to see Chandler's two biographers collaborating, too.

From what the review says, though, the collection of Hammett's letters that William Nolan and Jo Hammett are doing will probably be much better. I'm really looking forward to that.

Bill