Re: RARA-AVIS: Spenser under Parker Part II

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 16 Dec 2000

--- David White < dpwhite@eden.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> But of course,
> now that I have read the whole series, I can see the
> decline.
Snip
>and yes Parker has suffered, and
> yes I believe he's in
> it just because he's a bestseller now.

Hi Dave, As most of us did; just a question of time for reading more than the 5/6 first Spencer novels and see the full picture! And yes, bestseller "maker" he became

> As for your comments, I hope I wasn't the one who
> mentioned that you had
> no right to criticize Parker. I have no right to
> say that. So, I was
> mistaken in my youth, if it was me. And please,
> call me Dave.

No, you were not the one... you were on the supporter side, but I understand this if one reads only the beginning of the Spenser series.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/6384