Re: RARA-AVIS: Upcoming theme months

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 14 Dec 2000

sakana@stlnet.com wrote:

> what prather books are considered his best? i've never read him and would
> like to start with the good ones.

Someone must've replied to this, but I've found almost anything by him very amusing. There are very hilarious moments in such books as "Strip for Murder"
(1955), "The Meandering Corpse" (1965) and "Slab Happy" (1958).

> also, thanks for the browne suggestions, i'm going to try to find THIN AIR.

I haven't read it myself and thought that someone would recommend it, but his last, "Pork City", is regarded very highly. It's part fiction, part document.

Juri