Re: RARA-AVIS: Spenser....

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Dec 2000

Actually, I agree with this. My feelings about Parker's books are very mixed -- I'm in no way a fan, in other words -- but to give the devil his due, Spenser is a pretty original spin on the PI character. Most of the crummy detective series from the Eighties
(I'm think Max Byrd's and Jeremiah Healy's, in particular) aren't Chandler knockoffs so much as they're Parker knockoffs.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com