Re: RARA-AVIS: Practical tips from hardboiled dicks

From: Chris Routledge ( srcrout@ntlworld.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2000

What about this one, from Farewell, My Lovely, after a particularly bad night - and some advice for dealing with unwanted visitors:

My left foot felt fine. It didn't have an ache in it. So I had to kick the corner of the bed with it.
        I was still swearing when there was a sharp tap at the door, the kind of bossy knock that makes you want to open the door two inches, emit the succulent raspberry and slam it again.

Cheers Chris