RARA-AVIS: Parker and Politics

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 04 Nov 2000

In a message dated 11/4/00 1:02:09 AM Pacific Standard Time, owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca writes:

<< Speaking of this, I read in Woody Haut's *Neon Noir* an interesting link he
 makes between the Parker books and the political atmosphere of the country
 about the time they were written. But I forgot the full discussion. Anyone
 remember? >>

Didn't read the second (?) Haut title, but "The Black Ice Score"--maybe the weakest of the seven Parker novels I've read--is a postcolonial novel of sorts--something of a reflection on happenings in Africa. Doug