RARA-AVIS: Ian Fleming interviewing Raymond Chandler

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 04 Nov 2000

Good news! Rare bird Jan Steffensen was able to digitize the taped interview of Ian Fleming interviewing Raymond Chandler on the BBC in 1958. He got it down to about 4.5 megs--the interview's half an hour--and the sound quality is no worse than the tape I had.

I put it up on the web site at

    http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/Ian-Fleming-Raymond-Chandler.mp3

Someone (I can't remember who, I'm afraid), made an excerpt of this available a little while ago, and mentioned this interview is the only known recording of Chandler's voice. You won't want to miss it.

Thanks to Mr. Steffensen for turning it into an MP3. I'm very happy to be able to pass it on.

Bill