Re: RARA-AVIS: alphaville

From: Dick Tartow ( goldensam@sprintmail.com)
Date: 27 Oct 2000

We have no movie theater in Provincetown in the winter and the nearest theater is in Wellfleet and they sure as hell don't have French movies, let alone old ones.

It is hard boiled detective crossed with sci-fi, but not really a French Art film. The star, Eddie Constantine plays Lemmie Caution. Constantine played American style detectives in a series of films in France in the Fifties.

Chris Bahn wrote:

> Jean-Luc Godard's "Alphaville" is playing here next week, and it looks like
> a very strange animal, some kind of cross between a hardboiled PI story and
> French art cinema. I'd love to hear what you guys think of it, and if it's
> worth checking out.

Definitely worthy checkihg out.