Re: RARA-AVIS: More recent purcahses

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Oct 2000

Bill, looks like a pretty good haul.

Dead Man is a pretty standard family killed, must get revenge book. It's not Gores at his best, but still highly readable.

The Oliver Bleeck books are pretty different from most of the books Ross Thomas wrote under his own name. They are single viewpoint narratives about a professional go-between. I like them a lot. They were the first books I read by Thomas.

I haven't read Wtichfinder, but most of the other Estlemans you got are from the middle period of the Walker series, which I think is the best period, after Estleman had made Walker less generic, but before he got too reflexive about Walker's anachronism.

Mark