RARA-AVIS: RE: Don Tracy

From: Dick Lochte ( dlock@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 07 Oct 2000

I see that there's a long story by Don Tracy in ORANGE PULP. I don't recall any mention of his Giff Speer series (Pocket Books 60s and 70s) on this list. But mention should be made. They are top of the line hardboiled novels. "Look Down On Her Dying" is one of the better entries, but they're all good. Tracy is very much the equal of Donald Hamilton and has the same sensibilities -- the pro's approach to handling tough problems. Does anybody know what happened to Tracy? And is the ORANGE PULP story new?

Dick Lochte