RARA-AVIS: New anthology: ORANGE PULP

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 06 Oct 2000

I saw mention of a new anthology coming in November from the University of Florida Press, ORANGE PULP: STORIES OF MAYHEM, MURDER, AND MYSTERY, edited by Maurice O'Sullivan and Steve Glassman (ISBN: 081301803X). There's some blurbage at

              http://www.upf.com/Fall2000/osullivan.html

"Even the most devoted aficionados of the genre have rarely encountered the kind of nonstop action concocted by the reclusive founder of the American hard-boiled mystery, Carroll John Daly; the comic elegance of Jonathan Latimer; or the eclectic world of Mike Shayne in Brett Halliday's classic series.... [also includes] the opening to an unfinished work by Charles Willeford, creator of the classic Hoke Moseley novels such as Miami Blues and Sideswipe." John D. MacDonald is there too, of course.

We must be well beyond the "most devoted aficionado" stage, then. Does anyone know what Willeford piece this is?

Bill