RARA-AVIS: Philip Atlee and Chandler

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 26 Sep 2000

I just finished Philip Atlee's "The Star Ruby Contract" and found that in both the original book and the translation there's a blurb by Raymond Chandler saying "I admire Philip Atlee's writing enormously, the hard economy of style, the characterisations, and the interesting and varied backgrounds". Chandler was already dead when the first Joe Gall book by Atlee was published. So what is this supposed to mean? Does Chandler speak beyond the wall of death?

Juri