Re: RARA-AVIS: Marvin Albert/ British noir

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 07 Aug 2000

--- Dick Lochte < dlock@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
../..
>let me call your
> attention to the books Marvin Albert wrote under the
> Anthony Rome pseudonym.
> The detective, also named Tony Rome, is a
> Miami-based Marlowe clone

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Albert wrote under the alias of Albert Conroy. I've read a couple of Conroy's novel, but such a long time ago that I do not clearly remember about quality.

> On the British noir movie topic,
> One British film that has more than a fair share of
> noir and crime is "The
> Krays," Peter Medek's pretty intense biopic of the
> infamous bad boys.

I agree with this opinion. 'The Krais' is a very good film- a "must be seen"! I had it on my recommendation lists for Noir films on my web site, along with 'The Long Good Friday'. The lists therein could perhaps be of interest for the film buffs of R-A.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384