Re: RARA-AVIS: If you like that, then . . .

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 31 Jul 2000

: "Mark Sullivan:

> The Wyatt series by Garry Disher -- simply the Parker series updated and
> transplanted to Australia. As with the recent Parker books, the hardest
> part of the job is often finding a target with enough cash vs. credit
> card receipts. Also like the recent Parkers, the older professional is
> dismayed by the drop in craft as junkies on smash and grabs give thieves
> a bad name.

Wyatt is also a more fallible version of Parker. Reading this series made me realize Parker is nearly a superman. He never has doubts and seems able to do anything he wishes. The complications in the books result in others' treachery or incompetence. Parker's only weakness seems to be misjudging others involved in his jobs. Mark