RARA-AVIS: Erle Stanley Gardner

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 19 Jul 2000

I haven't visited the Humanities Research Center at The University of Texas at Austin in some time, but years ago they had Gardner's study recreated somewhere in the building. Everything was supposedly just as Gardner left it, and Gardner had recorded a commentary that you could listen to as you peered through the windows of the study. (Nobody is allowed inside.) It was pretty interesting and worth a trip for anyone living in the area. I re-read CROWS CAN'T COUNT (Lamm & Cool) the other day, and it's just as much fun as ever.

Bill Crider