RE: RARA-AVIS: Chandler- Library of America

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Jul 2000

When the volume came out, Robert Skinner commented that the LOA edition does not include all the stories contained in Killer in the Rain. So, if you're a completist, you will need that out-of-print collection, too. I second the sentiment about single volumes vs. an omnibus. I have the Knopf edition of the complete Hammett novels, but what I read are the tattered paperbacks with colorful covers. The words are the same but they do not taste the same.

Regards,

MrT