Re: RARA-AVIS: Crais' LA Requiem

From: tstock@concentric.net
Date: 12 Jul 2000

Demolition Angel is the first Crais book I haven't liked, although I agree the first books were certainly lighter and more flippant in tone.

Of course, I find his depiction of female characters in general to be one of his weaknesses and I found the protagonist of Demolition Angel to be very unbelievable. I wish I could be more specific, but all I can tell you is that even though I accept that women may adopt a tough demeanor especially when working in a "man's job" like the Bomb Squad, this lady was over the top. If I'd been the psychiatric evaluator for that Squad, I'd have disqualified her.

Well, you asked...

Teri