Re: RARA-AVIS: recent findings

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 11 Jul 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Mark Sullivan wrote:

> The Living End by Frank Kane. Henry is supposed to be the good Kane,
> right? However, I can't resist music industry mysteries.

Where does this idea of Henry being the good Kane come from? I just can't figure it out. Henry Kane is overwritten, sloppy and boring. Sometimes funny, sometimes parodical in the Prather vein, but never good. Frank, on the other hand, is hardboiled, saves the wisecracking and sometimes tells a good story. Well, some of the later Franks are pretty tired, but the early ones are quite readable.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi