Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Small World

From: pabergin ( pabergin@gte.net)
Date: 07 Jul 2000

I was ready to let this go, but Kev's post annoyed me.

This is not (or should not be) some sort of nationalistic scrambling for scavenger-hunt points.

And speaking of points, mine was that the best hardboiled (the Holy Trinity
+ Cain, and a few of the Fawcett GM guys) relied upon a form of language for its effect.

It's all about the language.

A good way to begin to understand this is to accept that the more modifiers in a sentence, the less HB potential it holds.

My post was about language and how it is commonly used, here and in Europe.

Funny how none of that sifted down to Kev's rebuttal. PB