RARA-AVIS: Euro Crime Series

From: billha@ionet.net
Date: 07 Jul 2000

There's been some discussion of European's crime fiction recently, which I don't plan to enter, except to support the excellence of their police procedurals--an excellent way to "learn the culture," IMHO.

In that line, I've just had an opportunity to watch several episodes of the Martin Beck series, adapted for Swedish television, and would recommend them to any of you who can locate them. Very nice counterpoint of police team relationships against the search for a killer. A hardboiled realism and sadness that few American series have attained.

Also heard of a German television series called "Scene of the Crime." Anyone seen any of those episodes?

Bill Hagen billha@ionet.net