RARA-AVIS: Great Mystery Reviewers

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 06 Jul 2000

Who are the great mystery reviewers? Mario asks. There aren't many. I've been depressed about it ever since Anthony Boucher died. There's no question in my mind that he was the top of the line. Why oh why doesn't someone print a collection of his reviews? I also liked Allen Hubin, who replaced Boucher in the NYTBR. Hubin still reviews for DEADLY PLEASURES, but he doesn't review much. I like Jon Breen in EQMM. Barry Gardner was damned good and died much too young.

Bill Crider