Re: RARA-AVIS: Smart-ass witticisms (was Crais)

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 03 Jul 2000

Mario said:
>I think Thomas Dewey was aware of the Chandler danger and therefore made his
>Mac detective into a quiet and efficient guy, the opposite of a wisecracker.
>His novels have aged remarkably well.

I'll be doing a panel at the Denver Bouchercon devoted to "forgotten paperback writers of the 1950s." Although Dewey wasn't exclusively a pb writer, and although Mac didn't appear in his books, one of the panelists will be discussing him. Marv Lachman, Garry Warren Niebuhr, and Jan Burke will be on the panel of experts.

Bill Crider