Re: RARA-AVIS: Regionalism (was re: Pelecanos quote)

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 01 Jul 2000

From: Mark Sullivan snipped>
> And, of course, there is Joe Lansdale's Texas.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> This is what I get for letting my mail stagnate for days. I was just going
to say Lansdale. In fact any of the (good) Southern guys get my vote, esp Crumley, must be living in the polar opposite that makes them some of my faves. Oh and there's Mark Timlin's London(sorry already mentioned), Nicholas Blincoe's Manchester,lots of Italy(Rome, Venice,Sicily) by Michael Dibdin(who may not fit in, but I like him and think he fits the remit) Kem Nunn's California surfing beaches. Jane