Re: RARA-AVIS: A.I. Bezzerides

From: Ash1920@aol.com
Date: 30 Jun 2000

<< Thieves' Market was made into a first-rate film entitled Thieves' Highway with Richard Conte and Lee J. Cobb, directed by Jules Dassin. Also, there's an interview with Bezzerides reprinted in The Big Book of Noir. If I remember right, he refers to Spillane's Kiss Me Deadly as a "piece of shit"! Quite a crusty old guy; don't know whether he's still with us or not. >>

Thieves' Market sounds good (and so does that interview). I'm pretty sure he's still alive, because a few months ago he appeared at a museum's screening of They Drive By Night.

                            -Ash