Re: RARA-AVIS: A.I. Bezzerides

From: Lee Nowlin ( noirophile@tcainternet.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2000

Ash wrote:

> <<Bezzerides also wrote the screenplay for Kiss Me Deadly.>>

Thieves' Market was made into a first-rate film entitled Thieves' Highway with Richard Conte and Lee J. Cobb, directed by Jules Dassin. Also, there's an interview with Bezzerides reprinted in The Big Book of Noir. If I remember right, he refers to Spillane's Kiss Me Deadly as a "piece of shit"! Quite a crusty old guy; don't know whether he's still with us or not.

By the way, I'm fairly new to the list, but just thought I'd jump right in.

Lee