RE: RARA-AVIS: re: Pelecanos quote

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2000

Pat:

<<Pelecanos' novel, "The Big Blowdown" has had a very strong effect on me. I am so impressed by the book that I would like someone to look at it seriously as a very important fictional account of the immigrant experience in the United States.>>

I agree. It made a big impression on me, too. Pelecanos is an ambitous writer in the best sense of the word. The Big Blowdown is a big canvas with a heart behind it. I would recommend it not just to mystery fans but to anyone looking for a stirring read.

Regards,

MrT