Re: RARA-AVIS: re: Pelecanos quote

From: DENNIS MCGUIRE ( dlm183@prodigy.net)
Date: 29 Jun 2000

SHAME THE DEVIL, the latest, gets my vote and extra points because one of the characters is reading a novel by A.I. Bezzarides. I'd never heard of the author and was curious to see if he really existed. I found a book called THEIVE'S MARKET, which turned out to be a pretty good read. It'S about California produce truckers in 1940's. Bezzerides also wrote THE LONG HAUL, which was made into the Raoul Walsh film, THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT.

Funny how one thing leads to another...

-Dennis