Re: RARA-AVIS: Pinkertons

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 27 Jun 2000

Tribe wrote:

"I'll bet they cleaned their archives of any evidence of their involvement in strike breaking and spying on employees."

It'd be interesting to find out. While I'd tend to agree that the archives is probably cleansed of any outright illegalities, I'm not so sure about the other. Strike breaking is such a key element of their history, it would be hard to excise. Also, aren't we making a pretty big assumption that the Pinkertons are ashamed of those activities?

Mark