Re: RARA-AVIS: Writing So Bad It's Good

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 24 Jun 2000

I'm pretty sure Prather knew he was funny. Bellem, too. By coincidence, I was just looking through the shelves the other day and ran across the Popular Press reprint of some of Bellem's Dan Turner stories. I read a couple, and it was great to have roscoes sneezing (KA-CHOW!), babes strolling into Dan's igloo and ankling across the carpet while giving Dan a glim that put a smile on his ugly mush. They don't write 'em like that any more.

Bill Crider